HVAC Fabricator- 3-month fixed-term opportunity
About the opportunity:
At HRV we believe everyone should love the feeling of coming home. In fact, since we started in 2003, we've helped over 500,000 Kiwis love the feeling of coming back to a warm, dry home. We provide whole-home solutions, covering Ventilation, Water Filtration, Heat Pumps and Air Conditioning. Since 2017 we have been part of Vector Limited, so you know you have the backing of one of New Zealand's largest companies.
To support us on our journey; we are looking for an HVAC whiz to assist our Manufacturing Manager in the fabrication and assembly of sheet metal products on a three-month fixed-term basis.
You'll be working closely with the Manufacturing Manager and the wider team to:
- Plan, fabricate, assemble, install and repair metal parts, equipment and products; utilising knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and non-metallic materials, and machining techniques
- Read blueprints and product specifications for fabricating and assembling sheet metal products
- Assist in the operating of soldering and welding equipment and fabricating machines
- Shape metal using hand tools
We will provide you with training and support to be successful in your position.
- A minimum of six months' sheet metal fabrication experience is required
- A New Zealand Business Diploma, relevant degree and/or trade qualification is preferable
- Experience using hand and power tools is required
- No two days are alike- flexibility and a great attitude are essential
- You'll enjoy meeting people from all walks of life and have an approach of right first time, every time
- You'll be savvy and always on the lookout for innovative ways to support your team and delight our customers
- A current and clean NZ drivers licence is required
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety practices
To learn more about us visit www.hrv.co.nz
Don't delay - contact us today!! This opportunity won't be available for long.
Please note, all applicants must have the legal right to work and live in New Zealand. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and relevant background checks.